Question of the day from my Islam Q & A series. Please share with family and friends especially kids. For more information and to browse questions on my website or sign up for my email list at:
Q: Is Muhammad the only Prophet of God Almighty Muslims believe in?
A: No! Muslims believe in all of the Prophets and Messengers that God Almighty (Allah) sent to mankind from the days of Adam (peace be upon him) to the days of the last Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) We believe God Almighty(Allah) sent over 124,000 Prophets in the history of mankind. However, God mentioned 25 names in the Qur’ān some of them being: Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, King David, King Soleman, Jonah, Zachariah, John the Baptist, Jesus and Muhammad (May peace and blessings of God be upon all of them).
Muslims believe in all of them and do not differentiate in their missions, their respect, value and the truth in the message they brought from God Almighty – All of them were:
– Calling to the worship of only one God
– They all testified being the Prophet of God
– They all brought the guidance and message of submission to only one God
– They all warned people for the day of judgment to be the assessment day of our deeds in this temporary world.
– They all gave glad tidings of Paradise to the believers and warned the wrong doers for hell fire
– They all asked people to pray and give out in charity to please God
A Muslim can not be considered a Muslim until or unless he/ she believes in all the Prophets sent by God Almighty. Any time any Prophet’s name is mentioned, Muslims say peace be upon him (pbuh).